The Friary is perfectly located adjacent to Bray Town Centre and the seafront, giving families the perfect mix between the convenience of an established community and the peace of seaside living. Each home offers an exceptional standard of space and comfort, thanks to such features as high ceilings on ground level, beautifully landscaped private gardens and patios, and a host of energy efficiency features that offer a more sustainable way of living. Bright and airy rooms make the most of The Friary’s beautiful surroundings, while kitchens and bathrooms feature the very best in fixtures and fittings.
Enjoy the best of coastal life at The Friary, in Bray, Co Wicklow. Situated close to the coast, The Friary is an impressive development of spacious family homes that offer an enviable standard of living in a highly sought after established location. Excellent transport links to Dublin City Centre and beyond, an array of well-regarded local schools and a host of local amenities and leisure options make The Friary a perfect choice for families at all stages and ages. This is seaside living made accessible for modern life.
Take in the spectacular views across the sea during an evening stroll after a busy day, or simply let the soothing sound of the sea relax your soul. Make the most of the outdoors along Bray and North Wicklow’s impressive coastline just a stones throw from your new door step.
One of the most impressive features of The Friary is the 9ft/2.6m high ceilings on the ground floor giving a bright and airy feel. The walls and ceilings are skimmed and painted throughout with a neutral colour and finish with classic skirtings and architraves throughout.
All joinery is oil based paint excluding the attractive stair handrail which is hardwood.
DOORS & IRONMONGERY
- The solid core Clermont style doors have a classic 3 panel finish with chrome ironmongery throughout.
- 4 Bed Superb contemporary handless kitchen with stone counter top crafted and designed by Nolan Kitchens.
- 5 Bed Classic styled painted kitchen with stone counter top crafted and designed by Nolan Kitchens.
- AEG integrated appliances comprising of a induction hob, built in microwave and multi-function oven combi, integrated dishwasher and 50/50 fridge freezer. High quality extractor hood. A washing machine and condenser dryer is located in the utility room.
- Door style is the Brentford by Bedroom Elegance in a light grey finish.
- The quality and finish of the Brentford door is both sleek and refined with recessed handles that accentuate the clean lines of the storage capabilities.
- The master bedroom has a walk in wardrobe with ample storage while the other bedrooms contain extensive double hanging rails and shelving.
BATHROOM AND EN-SUITES
- Sleek and contemporary bathrooms and en-suites with sanitary ware by Sonas, including stylish vanity units.
- The Frairy is an A energy rated development with a modernised Air to Water Heat Pump central heating system with multi zoned controls, and the added benefit of a mechanical ventilation and heat recovery system throughout the house.
WINDOWS/ EXTERNAL DOORS
- High performance, double gazed windows by Munster Joinery. The front door has an Ultratech composite steel multi point locking system with double glazing. Access to the rear garden is via an Aluclad high performance double glazed full wall length panoramic rear screen with multi point locking mechanism sliding door.
- Large Fakro roof windows fitted as standard.
- Generous and well-designed lighting and power points with polished chrome finished sockets and switches on the ground floor and contemporary white switches upstairs.
- Cat5 allows for high speed broadband with SKY TV, UPC and Eircom. Smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors are fitted as standard. Pre-wired for a security alarm.
FLOOR COVERING FINISHES
- Striking large floor tiles fitted as standard in the ground floor hall, kitchen, utility, and store room. Wonderful patterned designed floor tiles for the W.C.
- Generous floor and wall tiling in bathroom and en-suites. Beautiful dark oak timber laminate complete the living room.
- High quality cobble lock driveway allowing for two car park spaces (houses). Elegant brickwork to front, back and gable of the exterior walls giving for a low maintenance finish with dry dashed ,Tudor style, render finish to front bay dormers and gables.
- The gardens offer a wonderful extension of the living space at the property. Gardens open to a stylish high quality patio with outdoor lighting and water tap. This leads to the raked and seeded garden which is fenced with attractive timber panels with side or rear gate (Block 2). Durkan’s have fitted each house with a Barna type timber shed with power point socket and light.
SUSTAINABILITY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- By investing in new technologies and making improvements to the materials used at The Frairy, Durkan’s have constructed houses which offer a more sustainable way of living and are more comfortable and energy efficient than those constructed in times past. Passive house principles have been adopted to the highest standards at The Friary which future proof these homes and exceed all current building standards and regulations. The following features combine to create a greener home with superior levels of comfort and lower energy usage:
BER ‘A’ RATED ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
- The houses at The Friary boast a high A3-A2 BER rating (low energy, low carbon). This contributes to a significant reduction in the cost of heating the houses.
- Improved air tightness works together with the MHRV to retain heat, reducing heat loss and minimizes exposure to external elements.
- Masonry twin wall providing a warm home due to high insulation levels exceeding industrial standards reducing heat loss through floors, walls and roof.
- Thermal mass is used for passive heat storage.
- Solid plastered masonry walls between houses giving added sound insulation.
MECHANICAL HEAT RECOVERY VENTILATION (MHRV)
- Mechanical Heat Recovery and Ventilation System which is designed for 24 hour continuous exhaust ventilation of stale moist air from the kitchens, bathrooms and ensuites.
As the air is extracted a heat exchanger within the system transfers the majority of the heat into fresh air supply entering the living room and bedrooms. The benefits of this system are managed ventilation, reduced heat loss and less dust and pollutants as the fresh air is filtered.
Full Details are on www.thefriarybray.ie